My Storybook Favorites

 The Sea Hates Ships was a very interesting story. It is not similar to anything I have read before, and I really enjoyed that. It did tell the story of Odysseus and the cyclops, but it was told from a character's point of view which makes it unique. There were several parts to this student's story, but The Sea Hates Ships was my favorite part. The student did a great job forecasting what the story would be about in the title and the introduction. I knew that it would involve the sea somehow, but I assumed that John would be the one going across the ocean instead of flying. It was a nice surprise when I was wrong and the story was not what I assumed. The layout of the pages were very nice and the pictures used added to the story. Overall, I really liked this story and I will use it to help mold my story. 

When Brothers Cross Paths was not what I was expecting it to be. The author did a very good job of keeping the reader engaged, and I felt really involved in the story. This story of werewolves made me think of Vampire Diaries which has all sorts of mythical creatures like witches, vampires, and werewolves. The Vampire Diaries was also about two brothers, but they were vampires. I think this student modified that story into their own version which I really liked. I think the title was well suited for the story, and I think the pictures added to the creativeness of the story. I could very easily see myself writing something similar to this for my story! 

The Brothers Grimm included quite a few modified fairytales which I liked. Each had their own unique spin off the ones we were all told as kids. This added a whole new level to the same old fairytales that everyone knew. One of my favorite parts of this story was the illustrations. They clearly depicted exactly what the author was trying to convey. The title was well suited because that is the name where most of these fairytales came from. I could also see myself doing a modified version of this, but I am not sure which direction I would take the fairytales in. Overall, I really enjoyed this story. 



This was one of the images that the author used to illustrate his story in The Brothers Grimm. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 3 Story: The Town of Ishmiel