Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm Part A

I decided to do this section for the reading today because it included stories like Cinderella (which is called aschenputtel) and Snow White. 

This unit actually had 4 different units in different languages which is exactly like Europe with the many different places and cultures. I really enjoyed the Europe readings and this is probably one of my favorite units we have done this far. It had imagery, personification, magic, and lots of creativity. 

I love fairytales, so I figured this would be a fun reading to do. Aschenputtel was very easy to read, but did contain some words that I was not familiar with like kirtle. This is definitely because of the European culture that these stories originated from. 

These stories were also very fairy tale oriented which I did not mind. This Grimm unit really had it all when it came to stories which would make it really fun to write a story over. It had humor, romance, and the classics. 

I will probably end up doing Part B for the reading tomorrow because I found these so interesting. 

This photo is of beautiful stained glass that I would picture in Cinderella's castle. Photo by Wikimedia Commons

Bibliography:

Author - Lucy and Walter Crane

Title - Brothers Grimm Crane

Link - Mythology and Folklore UN-Textbook: Myth-Folklore Unit: Brothers Grimm (Crane)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 7 Story: The Snake and the Mouse