Extra Credit Reading Notes: LibriVox Part A

For my final reading in this class I decided to do it over the LibriVox unit.

This unit had all kinds of fun stories like Rapunzel, Briar Rose (sleeping beauty), the Frog Prince, and the Twelve Dancing Princesses. It also had stories that I have not heard before like The Straw, The Coal, and The Bean. 

I also liked how short these stories were. They were all only 1 page long. The language was contemporary English which made it easy to read. There was lots of personification in these stories which made them extra fun. The frog for example could talk to the princess. 

There were several rhymes in the stories too which gave it rhythm and style. My favorite had to be the Twelve Dancing Princesses, but I am very biased because that was one of my favorite stories to hear growing up. I even had a movie about it that was produced by Barbie. 

Overall, I am very satisfied with this being my last reading. It was fun. It was creative. It was everything I thought it would be when I heard it was going to be written by the Grimm Brothers. 

This photo is in New York and depicts the Sleeping Beauty. Photo by Flickr

Bibliography:

Author - Brothers Grimm

Title - Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm: LibriVox

Link - Mythology and Folklore UN-Textbook: Myth-Folklore Unit: Grimm (LibriVox)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 7 Story: The Snake and the Mouse