Week 15 Lab

For this story lab I decided to do it over TV Tropes

The fantasy page talked about how the genre is an escape from the normality of reality. The storylines are endless and the borders of fiction do not exist. That is what makes this genre so exceptional. I learned that there are 3 common themes in fiction: a secondary world, appeal to pastoral ideal, and magic and powers. 

I also learned that there are way more genres than what I originally thought. I thought there was only fiction, nonfiction, romance, adventure, thriller, horror, and mystery. There are actually so many more! There's sports, sea stories, poetry, mythology, military, and so much more! 

I really liked this story lab because it allowed me to read about so many genres that I did not know existed. Literacy is so much broader than I could have ever imagined. 

Expand your learning by Flickr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 7 Story: The Snake and the Mouse