Feedback Strategies: Feedforward

I think that good feedback is essential for writing. Even if the feedback is telling you what you should change, I think it is important for us to hear. I want to be challenged and I want others to tell me their point of view even if I do not completely agree with it. People have different perspectives, and I think that is something we all should learn. Not everyone is going to agree with what you have to say, but that is okay. If I have grammatical issues in my story I would want to know. If you think I need to add more details to a scene I want to know. The story is for the readers, not just for myself so I value what they have to say. One of the articles I read was The Difference Between Praise and Feedback. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was that we should praise the effort put into the work and not praise traits. This will allow us to grow as people because we will not create that fixed mindset. The other article I read was Be a Mirror. The most value lesson I took from that article was to focus on what the reader is doing and not on what they are missing. You cannot critique what is not there. Instead, focus on what the reader has given us. I really liked this tip because I had not heard it before. I am very excited to use these strategies when giving feedforward! 

Image taken by Jennifer Boyer and found on flickr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 2 Story: The Enchanted Roses