Project Topic Brainstorming

 I definitely think I want to do more of a storybook than a portfolio for this class. These are my 4 ideas for what my storybook will be about.

1) I really liked the little story that I created in my last blog post which stemmed from a version of Beauty and the Beast called Beauty and the Basilisk. I left the readers on a bit of a cliff-hanger and I think it might be interesting to put my spin on the old fairy tale. I really like the idea that I can change the ending of this story to however I want. I grew up hearing the story of Beauty and the Beast, so I think this would be a very interesting topic for me to do my semester project over. I changed the story already so that the rose indicated the daughter's life. Honestly I think I just want to use this topic and extend my story that I created on my last blog post. 

2) The second story that really caught my attention is Homer's Odyssey. I read the Odyssey while I was in high school and I loved the part about the Cyclopes. I think I could create something very interesting about how they escape from the Cyclopes. I would have to maybe work a little harder because this was a very creative story, but I think the end result would be good. 

3) One of the stories that I stumbled upon that I really liked was The Magical Palace. I would like to maybe keep this story going. It has the potential to go in many other directions, so I think the vast number of options with this story would help me create something great for my semester project. I had never heard of this story before this class, so I definitely think I would need to do a little more research if I chose this topic.

4) The Three Lovers was a new one that I had not heard either. I think it would be interesting to continue this story because in the end we are left on a cliff-hanger of who actually got the woman as their wife. These 3 lovers both had reasons that they believed were justified enough for her to be theirs, but I think putting my own spin on who the woman actually chooses might be fun. 


Ancient Cyclops from Word Press

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 2 Story: The Enchanted Roses