Week 2 Reading Overview

This will be my tentative reading schedule for the rest of this semester, and I have included the links to all of the stories so that they will be easier to find later. 

 

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Myth-Folklore Unit: Noah and the Ark

Week 4: Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Nigerian Folk Stories

Week 9: Japanese Mythology

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Apache Tales

Week 11: Myths of the Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Ballads of Robin Hood

Week 13: Nursery Rhymes

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Italian Popular Tales

Week 15: Brothers Grimm (Crane)


I think the stories I am most excited about are the one's that I have heard a version of when I was a kid like Noah and the Ark and Ballads of Robin Hood. I think that it is a good idea of you limiting what region we read about week to week, because that will force me to broaden my knowledge of world mythology. 


Photo selected under the Native American reading unit. I selected this one because of the ancestors that I have who were Native American. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 2 Story: The Enchanted Roses