Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes Part A

I chose this story because I wanted to see if these rhymes were the same or similar to the ones I heard as a child growing up! 

I was very pleased to find The Man in The Moon, The Crooked Man, Little Bo-Peep, and many others that I grew up with! The structure of these rhymes were of course riddled with rhymes, but there were also many rhymes in one page because they are so short. I noticed that at the end of each line there was either a comma or a period. I was a little surprised to notice this because I just assumed that if the sentence was not finished on that line it just would not have any punctuation. 

There were also many rhymes that I was not familiar with and I am not sure if this is because they are British and not "American" but I would think they originated from the same place. Maybe my parents just simply did not know these. Either way, it was really fun to read these rhymes that I did not know and I really enjoyed doing my reading over this unit. I am not sure how I would be able to modify these for my semester project, so I think I will need to find a different story for my project this week. 

        This picture is of The Man in The Moon by Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong on Space.com

Bibliography:
Author - Andrew Lang
Title - The Nursery Rhyme Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 2 Story: The Enchanted Roses