Story Lab Week 12

I decided to do the story lab TedEd Videos: Language because most of the corrections that I have had to make on my stories have involved some sort of grammatical error. 

I really liked the semicolon video because honestly I graduated from a small town where we never even discussed the proper formatting of writing and grammar. I learned that the semicolon can be used to join two complete sentences. I honestly thought that the semicolon was used for one complete sentence and one incomplete one. I'm not really sure why, but I am happy to be corrected. 

I also learned something cool about apostrophes. They can actually be used in 3 different ways. The first way is to mark possession of something. For example when I say Chloe's purse. The second way is to mark contraction. This is what we do when we say "don't" or "can't". The last way to use apostrophes is to mark plural of single letters. I had no idea they could be used this way but apparently they can be. An example of this would be "P's" or "R's". 

The video about why grammar is important was also very interesting. Overall, I really think doing this story lab will help my semester project and limit the amount of grammar mistakes that I will make! 

This image made me giggle because it's true! Photo is by Asta Speaks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 7 Story: The Snake and the Mouse