Wikipedia Trail: Robin Hood and Little John to Ballads

Since my final story for my project is over Robin Hood and Little John, I decided to go on a Wikipedia Trail and do some research. 

This is the first website I came across: Robin Hood and Little John - Wikipedia

This gave me a really good starting point and from this page I learned that Robin Hood and many other child ballads were collected by Francis James Child. 

Then I decided to look up Mr. Francis James Child: Francis James Child - Wikipedia

Mr. Child was actually American scholar who is best known for the Child Ballads.

So, of course I looked the Child Ballads up: Child Ballads - Wikipedia

The Child Ballads are actually 305 ballads from Scottish and English authors. It is no wonder that most of our children stories that we hear today originated from this collection.

Then I decided to go ahead and look up what exactly a ballad is: Ballad - Wikipedia

This website told me that ballads are typically 13 lines long and could go along with music because they follow the ABAB, AABA, or ABCB pattern.

This was my favorite photo from my Wikipedia search and is "The Twa Corbies"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Criminal Analysis Enthusiast

Week 7 Story: The Snake and the Mouse